Our community, and people worldwide have been through a lot over the last few months. I am looking forward to regrouping, and rebuilding together. To do so, my commitment to your safety is key.
Infection control is the top priority. As you will see below, infection control processes are being implemented and strictly adhered to in order to keep you safe and as comfortable as possible. I want to take a moment and explain some of the changes you will see:
My practice will follow all infection control regulations made by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). I closely monitor the activities of these agencies and will implement any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
• You will be contacted prior to your appointment to confirm your time, review entrance procedures and ask routine pre-screening questions.
• The front door will be LOCKED. Please arrive for your appointment about 5 minutes. Upon arrival, please call the office to let us know you are here. Please do not enter. The waiting room no longer offers seating, magazines, or refreshments.
• We will come outside to ask a few more questions, check your temperature, and provide hand sanitizer. Next, you will be escorted to your treatment chair that has been sanitized and disinfected, and that best promotes social distancing.
• A face mask will be required for treatment.
• Appointments times will be managed to enforce social distancing between patients, and allow time for disinfecting and sanitization. This may mean fewer openings for scheduling your appointment.
• New vinyl pillows have replaced the bolster pillows previously used and will be sanitized and disinfected between every patient. For those that may enjoy a comfort from home, you are welcome to bring an item from home, such as a travel neck pillow or small blanket.
Additional protective measures:
• As your doctor, I will self-assess every day with the same key questions and temperature scan performed on each patient.
• Recommended PPE is used for every procedure. Some procedures are limited until further notice.
• Thorough sanitation is completed prior to seating every patient.
• Continued training has NHCA well prepared to operate safely.
These safety procedures will benefit all patients, myself, and anyone that we come in contact with away from the office. Together we will continue to be safe.
These new regulations and standards do disrupt everything that NHCA has stood for since opening. To continue to practice, and provide affordable acupuncture and healthcare, the new sliding scale will be $40-100. This will impact about 25% of you, and I sincerely want to thank you for your understanding. I struggled with this step. To keep the practice alive, this is necessary.
I am so excited to see you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I am taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in my practice. To make an appointment, please call the office at 505-232-2870 or visit www.nobhillca.com.
I will open with limited hours and appointment times on June 1st, 2020.
Thank you for being my patient and part of my extended family. I value your trust and loyalty. You are loved and appreciated.
Eric Montoya, DOM
We bring back a form of Asian tradition, and are delighted to share such an opportunity with you. Welcome to Nob Hill Community Acupuncture!
In Asia, acupuncture has traditionally been practiced in group, rather than individual settings. Creating this traditional setting allows us to bring high quality healthcare to the community, without the retail price-tag. You see, most acupuncturists may have 1-2 clients per hour, and must charge accordingly per treatment to cover their expenses . Welcoming the Asian tradition to America and to our own community of Nob Hill, we are excited to aid more of our friends and family, without the heavy financial burden usually associated with healthcare. We want you to feel at home as this is a clinic with you and your family in mind. This project is becoming a success with your help, so again, a warm welcome, and sincere thank you for helping us spread the word!
Do you feel this may benefit a friend or loved one, though they're in another area? We are part of a growing movement of over 150 clinics around the country with that number continually growing! Ask us about possible clinics in other locations that may benefit your loved ones! more...
Our clinic loves diversities...
... and we do not discriminate based on race, age, religion, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, height, weight, language, education or HIV status, just to name a few.